Reflecting on the last 18 months of rough seas and uncharted waters, it’s been an endurance contest to pick our way through the waves of uncertainty facing our industry and the personal challenges for our crew, business partners and clients alike. We’re pleased and feeling positive having adapted to new ways of working, developed new products, adopted new technologies and most importantly being able to support our existing customers and grow our client portfolio too.
It seems like a long time ago now that everything switched to virtual. It’s hard to imagine not conducting some of your working week via an online video conferencing platform or cloud-based document share – how did we manage before? We’re really proud of the diverse range of virtual experiences we have created for our clients, that range from our really successful Mobile Adventures app-based team building challenges and high-energy gameshow style activities and energisers to high-end production of conferences and exhibitions through a wide variety of digital platforms and delegate engagement tools. Our virtual experience have included:
– Medical & Educational Professional Development & Research Conferences
– University Graduate Programmes and student engagement
– Diversity & Inclusion sessions
– Comedy, Music, Magic and Race nights
– Cocktail, Drink Tastings and Pizza Workshops
– Keynote speakers from the world of sport, the military, business, healthcare and ordinary people achieving extraordinary things.
Learning & Development
The pandemic has put people and organisations through some of the most challenging circumstances and the focus on well-being, effective team dynamics and adapting to change has seen tailored facilitated team sessions being more important than ever. We paired our digital escape challenges with a number of reflection, reconnection and teamwork sessions, collaborating with keynote speakers to provide inspiring and relevant stories to have an impact on our client’s audiences.
Live & Hybrid Events
Over the last year we have had more virtual events than live events, however we have managed to “incorporate a creative in-person element for our client’s virtual audience to enjoy via pre-recorded material.
– Through the keyhole pre-record – a hilarious and fun session done at a series of client employee’s homes.
– Midnight Game Show pre-record – inspired by Michael McIntrye – surprise recording in a client’s house.
– Live Cocktail Bar with Mixiologists & BBQ Chef Masterclass set-up & filming.
We’re delighted to have a number of live summer events coming up and have been working hard to keep our clients informed on what the restrictions will allow and ensuring we create and deliver an itinerary that everyone can feel safe and comfortable with.
– Highland Games – one of our most popular outdoor events for small and large groups remain in demand.
– Outdoor GPS Treasure Hunts – We’ve adapted these to be covid-safe with everyone using their own smart phone and working together in small teams outside with a series of brand new for 2021 tasks and challenges.
– Indoor socially distanced activities and entertainment in appropriate venues.
– Live Conferences – A lot of our clients are keen to get back to these in late 2021 and into 2022 and the planning has already begun – with a great comfort knowing that we can switch across to a virtual or hybrid format should the need arise.
The Event Delivery Stats
One of the pros to virtual events has been that it is possible to be in 2 places at once, and jumping from event to event can be instant rather than driving across the country, allowing us to deliver more events, reaching a larger audience with a wider geographical reach, and more clients. We’ve learnt a lot from this and enjoyed the journey. We are keen to hold on to those pros whilst returning to live in-person events.
To wrap this up we’ve learnt a lot over the last 18 months and are proud of how we’ve adapted to be able to deliver for our clients and thrive in a vastly changed event landscape. The hard work doesn’t end there as the new normal will require an ever-nimble approach and the ability to grow, pioneer ideas, remain consistently relevant and sometime re-invent how and what we do. Calmer seas are always welcomed however we’re better prepared and ready for more squalls and headwinds should we sail into choppy waters once again.